Friday, 9 September 2011

Rolling in the Deep - Adele



Today's song is more of an earworm than a favourite, although I am growing increasingly fond of it. I have had Rolling in the Deep by Adele on high rotate in my head this morning, probably because 21 is the current album in my car's CD player. It is a poignant breakup album with soaring emotions set to a quality soundtrack but without the anger and bitterness of Alanis Morisette's Jagged Little Pill.

Adele's sound is unique and I hope it remains that way. Even at just 21, she already shows excellent mastery of her voice as an instrument. Personally, I think Adele is still too young to have her style categorised, even though labels like soul, blues and country roots have been applied. While she credits the late Amy Winehouse with helping to make her style of vocals acceptable, she is thankfully not another Amy but is certainly an artist to watch in the next few years.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I LOVE Adele. If you haven't heard her sing To Make You Feel My Love get it! That is my favorite song by her. Well Chasing Pavements and Rolling in the Deep is right there. I love Rolling in the Deep, it describes the feelings that I had at the end of my marriage to a T. I'm so glad you have it playing. She's awesome!